Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Interdesigner Software Development
  Comparator Fast runs ok with Windows Vista 64bit
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Multiple Single Licenses (Read 4,086 times)
Sep 27th, 2007 at 11:05am

JohnD   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Quote Quote 
Hi, I am testing this software and it looks great. I Have a local home network subnet that I have 2 machines that I use most and a another 2 that I use very infrequently.   I looked at the Pricing and found that the purchase of 2 single user licenses was cheaper than purchasing one  up to 5 user multi license. If I start with one single user license and add a second single user later on can the 4 work together ?  Is there an Upgrade policy for licenses to go to the 5 user license for the cost differential. The home network is just 2 users buy I intend to specialize the Computers for different purposes and would normally be just working on 2 at a time have you any License considerations for this situation ?

Undecided

Thanks for your help

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 11:24am

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
Hello,

Sorry for the delay  Embarrassed. I'm also very sorry because the licensing schema for Network Clipboard is not clear enough (my fault).

The Single License, I mean, the one you start, really includes 2 (two) computer licenses because that's the purpose of Network Clipboard: working on a network, 2 (two) computers minimum.

Yes, we have special licensing considerations. I know a single user may have 4 computers for their work. If you're the single user for all 4 computers, you may use the single license (the starter license) for all your computers.

There is no "upgrading license policy", because we depends on third-party billing processors to guarantee extreme security with online transactions and must work with fixed prices based on quantity at moment of purchase. But, for example, if you buy the starter license (Single license, includes 2 computers) and decided later to have 5 licenses in total, you'll need to buy 3 more licenses using the Multi-User table (based on current price table, each license will cost you $16.36 which is an advantage, a total discount of $42.95 based on license price $24.95). This licensing schema may looks confused, and maybe will be changed for another more clear. Hope this is clear enough now.

If you use Network Clipboard and Viewer at home and you plan to increment the number of computers, you may use your single license for all your computers (limit of four) as long as two users works with all computers. This doesn't apply to SOHO places.

Thanks for your good comments.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate contact me.

Have a great day,

Daniel  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 10:29pm

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
JohnD wrote on Sep 27th, 2007 at 11:05am:
Hi, I am testing this software and it looks great. I Have a local home network subnet that I have 2 machines that I use most and a another 2 that I use very infrequently.   I looked at the Pricing and found that the purchase of 2 single user licenses was cheaper than purchasing one  up to 5 user multi license. If I start with one single user license and add a second single user later on can the 4 work together ?  Is there an Upgrade policy for licenses to go to the 5 user license for the cost differential. The home network is just 2 users buy I intend to specialize the Computers for different purposes and would normally be just working on 2 at a time have you any License considerations for this situation ?

Undecided

Thanks for your help

Network Clipboard and Viewer have a new licensing scheme: more simple and with convenient prices.

Please look proper post at: General / News / Announcements / New Licensing Schema for Network Clipboard

Click here to go to post: http://www.interdesigner.com/cgi-bin/wwwboard/YaBB.pl?num=1201611606/0#0

Regards,

Daniel  Cheesy

IP Logged