Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Interdesigner Software Development
  Visit Comparator Fast today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

"network Clipboard Server is not running on r (Read 8,421 times)
Dec 22nd, 2006 at 10:54am

TimothyCM   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Quote Quote 
HI, I am running network clipboard on two computers and when I run configuration wizard they find each other just fine but when I try to get or send a clipboard I get the message "Network Clipboard is not running on remote host"
Could this be due to the fact that one is running widows XP and the other is running Windows 2000? 
Thank you

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 12:46pm

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
Hello,

If one computer is running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, maybe you forgot to allow Network Clipboard to access your Lan.

Please click on this link for more information:

http://www.interdesigner.com/cgi-bin/wwwboard/YaBB.pl?board=nc_help;action=displ...

This  issue may happen if your Win2000 box have a firewall installed, you must grant access to Network Clipboard in your firewall.

Make sure you are using the same port on both computers (default is 6000).

Regards,

Daniel  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 1:47pm

TimothyCM   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Quote Quote 
HI,
Unfortunately I did all of the things in your other posting and I still get the same “Network Clipboard Server is not running on the remote host” message.
I have check and NC is listed as an exception to my firewall, they are both on port 6000, and they found each other during configuration wizard. 
They are both connected to my d-link 524 router. What should I try next?

Thank you,
Timothy

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2006 at 6:22pm

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
Quote:
HI,
Unfortunately I did all of the things in your other posting and I still get the same “Network Clipboard Server is not running on the remote host” message.
I have check and NC is listed as an exception to my firewall, they are both on port 6000, and they found each other during configuration wizard.  
They are both connected to my d-link 524 router. What should I try next?

Thank you,
Timothy

Hello Tim,

Must check if you can ping remote computer. This can be easy with EasyBar, it shows defined computers and a checkmark if can ping. Also, make sure Server mode is enabled in Network Clipboard, because you may disable it at Main Window and in options. If is enabled, the main window of Network Clipboard shows a "Stop" (Server) button. If the button says "Stop" this means your server is enabled. If server is stopped, the button says "Start".
If you are using new release 1.0.0.23, is recommended you upgrade all computers to this release.

If you cannot ping from winxp to win2000 and vice versa, please check your TCP-IP settings and make sure your configuration is ok (example: winxp's IP 192.168.0.1, win2000's IP 192.168.0.2). Apparently all this is ok if the Wizard can detect and enable all computers in your Lan.

You don't mention what's your firewall, please make sure the rule to allow Network Clipboard traffic is valid. Maybe restart your firewall will help.

Is recommended you have Windows 2000 with SP6.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

Daniel  Smiley

IP Logged