Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Interdesigner Software Development
  Network Clipboard and Viewer runs ok with Windows Vista 64bit
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Error Messages When Starting ComparatorFast (Read 8,289 times)
Jan 30th, 2004 at 4:47pm

JeffB   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Quote Quote 
I have an interesting issue with ComparatorFast.  After a reboot, I can start the app and have it load, but all of the menu items except "Help" are missing from the menu bar.  If I close and restart CF, I get the following error messages and the app will not load; not even the splash screen.

"Exception EZeroDivide in module ComparatorFast.exe at 00122E52.  Floating point division by zero."

When I dismiss that dialog, a second error message appears, "Runtime error 216 at 004484ED".

Once both messages are dismissed, if I try to restart CF, it will restart normally with all menu bar items intact.  It may take one or two or three or several attempts, but eventually the app will load.  Whether it reloads on the first attempt or on subsequent attempts seems to be related to how much activity goes on in other applications before I try to restart CF.

System: Dell Dimension XPS, latest BIOS.  P4 3.0 GHz w/HT and 1 GB RAM.  Windows XP Pro, logged on as Admin.  ATI Radeon 9800 with 3.9 Catalyst drivers (I think the 3.10 drivers are available).

Here is what I've tried:

1. Disable all non-Microsoft services and all startup items through msconfig.  No change.
2. Have CF load at Windows startup; or disable CF load at Windows startup.  No change.
3. Set CF to exit to the tray; disable exit to tray.  No change.

I am currently skinning my computer with WindowBlinds; the native XP theme service is disabled.  I also use an app called ObjectBar that can alter a Windows app's menu bar, but the problem exists even if ObjectBar is not running.

Any ideas?  I'd like to purchase the software but this issue is a deal-breaker.

Jeff

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2004 at 9:18pm

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
Hello Jeff. Thanks or your post. I need to know some extra information:

1) What version of Comparator Fast are you running (Main Menu / Help / About). Could you see the file date and time of "ComparatorFast.exe" on installation folder? (go to installation folder clicking on "(c)  DSM/Interdesigner" label on About window).

2) Did you installed a new version on Comparator Fast over an old one? If this is true, do you remember which version was?

3) In the About window is a "Support Information" tab. Double click the "Interdesigner.com" image, while holding the SHIFT key on your keyboard, will produce an encrypted (for security reasons) file for support. This file have all information about your computer (Memory, processor load, etc) and status of our software. You'll be notified with a "Support File Saved" message and a complete path and file name (usually installation folder, the file have extension .BIN). Could you please send me that file as attachment?

4) The behavior you describe is rare but possible by some conditions:
  a) Trial version is over
  b) New version installed over an Old incompatible version
  c) Missing License code file, etc.
This behavior is due a new licensing/security scheme in new versions of Comparator Fast. There is a solution, but is only working for registered users, but I'll check all possibilities in order to let your trial copy to work, and as always and with all our users, I'll do my best to solve any issue.

5) If I follow you, you try several times to start Comparator Fast and it start and is 100% functional after several attempts? Or just start with the Help menu?

Hope you can reply this soon to:
  support_cf@interdesigner.com

Thanks for contacting us,

Daniel

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2004 at 11:08pm

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
This issue was solved. A strange behavior on some advanced hardware configuration (rare).

Now is fixed with new release 1.0.0.12

Take care,

Daniel
Grin

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 11:17pm

maintengr   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Quote Quote 
I have the same problem as other user.  When I start comparator fast I only get the HELP menu.  Happens every time I boot.  No apparent error messages. 
Using CF version 1.0.0.13
Running Win2k Pro, v5.0 (build 2195 service pack 4)

How do I fix this?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 12:16am

Daniel   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Quote Quote 
Hello K,

You are a registered user of Comparator Fast. You received an email with instructions to get the upgrade version.

I'll email that information again.

Thanks for your post,

----------------------------------------
Daniel
Interdesigner Software Development

http://www.interdesigner.com
http://www.networkclipboard.com
http://www.comparatorfast.com
http://www.shutdowntools.com
----------------------------------------

IP Logged